Writing on Wednesday is my weekly feature for sharing great writing tips I’ve found around the web. As an aspiring writer I’m always open to advice from other more experienced writers and often authors.
1. Top 5 Free eBooks for Fiction Writers – I’ve not had a chance to check these out, but free is free, and it can’t hurt to see they are of any value.
2. How to Keep Writing When Your Inner Critic Screams – I don’t know about you, but I deal with this issue on a regular basis. Whether it’s with my writing or my art, I have to work hard to squelch the voice of insecurity.
3. The 10 Free Resources Every Writer Needs – Everything from writing resources to query letters and publishing.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Editing Disorder – The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? I won’t deny it, this is a huge issue for me. It’s encouraging to read about other writers struggling with the same problems and read how they are coping.
5. ‘Anyone who keeps working is not a failure. He or she may not be a great writer, but if they apply the old-fashioned virtues of hard, constant labour, they’ll eventually make some kind of career for themselves as a writer.’ — Ray Bradbury