It’s Spring Break week here in Georgia and I’m the mother of a 13 (soon to be 14) year old. If you haven’t guessed already, that means I won’t be around much. I’m on holiday from Instagram and I’ve announced there will be sporadic tweeting through April 16th. As far as the blog goes, I will be posting my daily poems for NaPoWriMo but that’s about it. Before I go I have a few tasty morsels to share.
1. The Hugo Award finalists have been announced! I’m thrilled to see Embassytown by China Miéville is on the novel list! Follow the link to the list on SFSignal.com for a complete list and also links to free fiction from select finalists.
2. I finally bought a new camera, a year after launching my IndieGoGo project. I decided to go with a Refurbished Nikon Coolpix L120, 14 megapixels and 21x zoom. My old camera is only 10 megapixels and 12x zoom!
3. I decided to treat myself to some goodies from Milk and Honey Naturals. I love buying from other Etsy sellers when I have the opportunity. Milk and Honey Naturals is owned and operated by CourtneyJo–you might recognize her as a frequent visitor to my blog.
4. Over the holiday weekend I received this beautiful ACEO from fellow Georgia artist, Windi Rosson!
5. Last, but not least, my short story from StoryADay 2011; which won an Honorable Mention, can now be read online over at my StoryADay blog! I’m dusting off the StoryADay blog, updating some info, sweeping out the cobwebs in preparing for May 1st. There will be more updates coming April 21st.
See you more next week!